Manuel Antonio | July 2018
AIRBNB + THE JUNGLE VISTA INN
The bonus factor of this place that we did not anticipate was all the wildlife. We saw howler monkeys, white face monkeys, squirrel monkeys. All three came right up to our deck every single day.
We stayed at the Jungle Vista Inn for a few reasons:
- We didn't start searching for lodging until we started driving from Monteverde (we actually didn't even intend to go to Manuel Antonio but Will's broken arm led us in a new direction).
- Will caught his very first stomach bug on the way. We had to pull over twice and deal with 'that', therefore we picked the first place to pop up that had the amenities we were looking for and P R I V A CY. If we were all going to catch this, we didn't want to spread germs.
- We are 2 adults and 2 munchkins so the queen bed and the daybed with a trundle was a win win.
- It has a private pool (another great for a broken arm and a stomach bug).
- Walking distance to so many things (groceries, restaurants, beaches, trails, yoga, etc...)
- They allow you to have access to their sister hotel, Los Altos so we had a game room, a gym, another pool, food, and more trails.
- Los Altos Trails
- Runs via the Lost Altos Trails to to Playa Rocosa / Rocky Beach
- Manuel Antonio National Park
- Closed on Mondays.
- Enjoy the hikes, beaches and white-faced 'capuchin' rascals.
- We parked at a hotel down by the entrance for maybe $5
- We like to go a few hours before they close so we have the place to ourself.
- This area is composed of four beautiful beaches:
- Pla ya Manuel Antonio | A deep & gorgeous bay. Look for a semicircle of rocks at low tide. It is believed that pre-Colombian indigenous people used this as a turtle trap.
- Punta Catedral | Isthmus called tombolo
- Playa Espadilla Sur | North of Punta Catedral, 1/2 hour hike.
- Playa Espadrilla | Right outside the park entrance in front of MA Village
- A run to Play Biesanz (Secret Beach). Click here for more info. on nearby beaches.
- Lots of rest for D (he caught the ol' stomach bug).
- Game room time with the kids so D could sleep it off (at Los Altos).
- Work, pla y & yoga at Selina
- Groceries Super Market Pura Vida
- Emelio's Cafe
- Si Como No Resort & Wildlife Refuge.
- Selina Manuel Antonio
- El A vion
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY (+506)
- 2777-0196 | Policía Quepos
- 2777-0922 | Hospital Quepos
STUFF WE WOULD LIKE TO EXPLORE
- Marina Pez Vela
- SUP or kayak | Ocean, mangroove & waterfall tours available
- Raf t, tube or kayak | Naranjo, El Chorro & Savegre rivers
- Horseback riding
LOCAL THINGS TO MAKE IT FEEL LIKE BACK HOME
- 2777-0777 | Sí Como No Cinema | $7 or FREE if you spend $10 at the hotels restaurant & bar.
- Click here for small Airbnb's in the area we like.
- Click here for a quick list of the boutique hotels.
OTHER AREAS WE LOVE
- Costa Ballena